Saturday, December 12, 2009

Portland Drivers in the Snow

I love Portland. I really do. But something was brought to my attention last night that I have to share. Having lived in Boston the past two years and in Pennsylvania my entire life before, I've weathered my fair share of winter storms. I was in PA for three of the five storms listed here. The winter before I left for Boston, Harrisburg didn't have enough money to do a quality job of clearing the streets, so they became sheets of ice (it didn't help that we mostly got ice fall instead of snow).

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest of "our weather is worse than yours," but after seeing the videos below, I couldn't help but laugh at the people who aren't used to this stuff. In Portland's defense, the city isn't built to handle much snow at all (one of the reasons I wanted to come here was to get away from the snow). This post is really for my East Coast friends, or anyone who comes from an area that gets a fair amount of snowy weather.





I know not all Portland drivers are like this and that people do stupid stuff like this all over the place. It's just way funny this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment