Thursday, April 14, 2011

Something I like about the Rise of the Planet of the Apes trailer

I'm not a Planet of the Apes superfan by any means. I like the original and have seen the Tim Burton remake. That's as far as my experience with the series goes (aside from The Simpsons' musical, of course). I didn't really have much interest in this prequel with a goofy name until now...



Screw the special effects. Who cares if people have James Franco fatigue (the man gets a lifetime pass from me for Freaks and Geeks, anyway)? It's a freakin' zombie movie! OK, so it's a zombie movie without zombies. Like 28 Days Later. It's got all of the hallmarks of a zombie apocolypse judging by the trailer and we already know who comes out on top. I don't know if the hyper-intelligent condition is transferable, but it seems like there are too many apes running around for them all to have been tested on. That's the main issue with my assertion, but I'll stand by it (at least until I see the movie).

And before people site that the apes are getting smarter, if you watch the Romero zombie films, you'll note that the zombies are gaining intelligence as well (just look at Bub). And there are the zombies that never really lost that much intelligence (Return of the Living Dead, where they call for more paramedics).

No comments:

Post a Comment