Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Yes, Another Weird Al Post

There are some dreams you want to hang on to. You fight waking up, ignoring all the demands of the day just to live a little longer in whatever magical world your subconscious has conjured. For many, these dreams involve sex. Lots of it. With beautiful people. Not me. This morning, I tried to ignore my fatherly duties to hang out with Weird Al Yankovic.

I was in a house with loads of other people (for some reason, I think it was a Yelp get together, though my only affiliation with them is some of my volunteers are heavily involved with the organization). Weird Al was there and we were all competing in a scavenger hunt-type thing where if you wandered over the right area, awesome Al-related memorabilia or a "sorry, try again" icon appeared. I really wanted to find all the best stuff and fought waking up to the best of my ability. Of course, I failed. I crying baby is a hard thing to fight.

Normally, I'd be content just to tell a few friends about this in person and if I think they'd be interested. But Twitter (specifically, Pixar's Lee Unkrich) informed me of something very interesting, indeed. Today, October 23, is Weird Al Yankovic's birthday. Had you asked me, I wouldn't have been able to tell you this fact. But, perhaps somewhere deep in my subconscious, I knew. So happy birthday, Mr. Yankovic. You're the tops.


It's OK to wish someone a happy birthday with his own song, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment