Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Life Smugglers needs your help!

Spending two years of my life (and untold thousands of dollars I didn't/don't have) at film school, I was bound to make some friends with great aspirations in filmdom. And before I go on, yes, going for film studies still counts as film school even if I didn't gain many discernible skills.

Two of these friends, Dave Wells and Wes Ford (who would give their kidneys, livers, lungs, and eyes to you should you ever need them), are trying to raise some money via Kickstarter to put the finishing touches on their short film The Life Smugglers. You can find all the information you need here.

They still need to raise about $1500, but anything helps. In fact, if you look down the right-hand side of the page, you'll see various perks alongside donation amounts. See? Helping is mutually beneficial! He even left this message to help rally the masses:
Today is February 15th. It's 24 degrees outside and the wind is strong enough to knock you down. You know the kind of cold I'm talking about here. So, if by Midnight Friday you all can get your friends, family, etc. to increase our funding by 1000 dollars from what it is now, I will jump in the ocean and video tape it. That's right folks, polar bear swim, just as a little present.
I don't know if the offer still stands, but I'm sure we can get him to do something pretty crazy if we can push him over his goal in the next three days. Let's give Dave and Wes an Oscar weekend miracle! When they're super-famous, you'll be able to say you helped them get their start!

No comments:

Post a Comment