Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Job Search

I don't really have much to say on this topic, but I want to write about something and all of my other blog ideas require a fair amount of thought. I just want to pass on something I learned about the job search today.

We all know the process sucks, especially if you don't know anybody that can or will help you out. I haven't been working all that hard to find a job, for better or worse (better because I have loads of free time, worse because my days of having a place to live a dwindling quickly). However, my frustration with not finding a job is pretty high. Unjustifiably so. A friend suggested we meet up and go through the search process together. Turned out to be a top notch idea.

We traded info and ideas. Brainstormed various approaches. Commiserated. It was good stuff. My attitude shifted dramatically and I feel as though there are paths before me that weren't there previously.
So there you go. My advice for the job hunt is to find someone in a similar situation and join in the search. It passes time and helps a lot. I guess the only hurdle is that you can't be proprietary over any of the positions. It's all about support. Employment, here I come!!! (maybe).

3 comments:

  1. I like this approach... the process itself is frustrating enough so it's good to hear something positive every once in a while. I feel better having read said blog. Thank you, Mr. Capp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I just need to make myself act on this momentum. Will the hurdles never stop???

    ReplyDelete
  3. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. 留学生招聘

    ReplyDelete