Monday, October 31, 2011

October Horror Roundup





As a helpful aid to my month of watching horror movies, I thought I'd break things down into categories to help guide you if you're ever looking for something to watch. Plus, there are a lot of movies here and maybe you missed a write-up or two. Now it'll be easy to tell. Sadly, I didn't discover any new (to me) classics and I wouldn't say anything I watched is essential viewing, but that's OK. There was still plenty of good stuff. It's possible that my write-ups don't mesh with their category here. If that's the case, the movie has not sat well in my mind and I've grown hostile towards it since writing.

Highly Recommended
Cronos
Lake Placid
Frenzy
Shiver

The Beyond
Madhouse


Well Worth Your Time
Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural
Pitfall
Corridors of Blood
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Raw Meat


Flawed but Interesting
Deathdream (aka Dead of Night)

The Dunwich Horror

Dead Snow
Murders in the Rue Morgue

The Witch's Mirror

The Bad Seed
Arang
Lifeforce
Sugar Hill

Better Than You'd Think
Uncle Sam




Wasted Concepts
Bloody Pit of Horror
Dreamaniac
The Keep
The Horde
100 Feet
The Prophecy
Squirm

Some to Avoid
The Burrowers
The Gore Gore Girls
Seventh Moon
Island of the Fishmen
Special Effects




1 comment:

  1. Great write-ups. I added some of these to my ever-growing to-watch list of movies (The Beyond and Cronos are high on it). There's a striking variety to the movies you chose that really show how horror films have changed over the years, and just how eclectic the genre can be.

    ReplyDelete