Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hot 'n' Fresh Out the Kitchen: Home-made Bagels

Having tried my hand at making donuts (and struggling due to not having a fryer with a temperature gauge), I wanted to try to make my own bagels. Thanks to a timely post at Eating for the Rest of Us, the task was upon me, because damn, those bagels look awesome. I left raisins out of some of the bagels because my fiancee isn't a fan of that particular dried fruit. While he details the process, I'm just going to show you the end result with a few notes.

-- It is possible for your house to be too cool for the instant yeast to activate.
-- While this recipe is by no means difficult, having a mixer and a hook attachment would have been nice.
-- My oven sucks, so I ended up undercooking the bagels slightly for fear of burning them. The good news is that they're still delicious if a little chewy.



No comments:

Post a Comment