Friday, May 18, 2012

Stupid Headlines

I know that headlines are supposed to grab one's attention so people will want to read an article and if I see one that's particularly outrageous, I kind of appreciate it. But when headlines strive to simply be informative yet they are still ridiculous, that's when I take umbrage. Case in point:


Halfway down, there's a link that I clicked (it is on CNN.com). It says "Paralyzed boy stuns class, walks." Obviously, it's about a paralyzed boy who stunned his class BY walking. However, the headline suggests that the boy somehow hit his glass with some kind of stun gun and walks out. 

You know what? I don't know why I'm complaining. I'm just going to ignore the link and pretend that's exactly what happened.

PARALYZED BOY: Hey jerks! I'm tired of all your sympathetic looks.

ZAP! He fires stun gun.

He gets up from his wheelchair, takes a few steps and turns to the unconscious class.

PB: That's right fuckers. I can walk now.

Puts on sunglasses.

PB: Shocked? 

Turns and leaves.



No comments:

Post a Comment